filter for 30 gallon

I have pulled an old 30 gallon tank out of storage and am trying to decide
what filtration to use.  Since it will be heavily planted, I'm considering
either an eheim ecco or just a powerhead attached to a small sponge
filter.  Any recommendations?  The tank will probably contain a school of
corydoras at the bottom and a trio of Pantodon buccholzi at the top.
Haven't decided what will be in the mid-water yet.

In its previous incarnation in the mid-90's, the tank had an old Fluval
canister which worked O.K. but had a tendency to eat kribensis fry and
rattle loudly.

Nick
--
Nicholas Plummer