Re: Foreground plants -- Marsilea

Greger L. offered the idea of Marsilea hirsuta as a nice foreground plant and more user friendly alternative to Glossostigma elatinoides. He also wrote an article on Marsilea for a Swedish Web site:

http://www.hjortgatanszoo.se/main/default/default.cfm?navID=278

I enjoyed the photos, Greger...wish I knew Swedish.

M. hirsuta does indeed have a Glosso vibe in its immersed form. This is a plant I would definitely like to try. I've also been on the lookout for Marsilea minuta, which I think is an Asian native. Does anyone know where M. hirsuta or M. minuta can be purchased in the US? I've found M. minuta at a wholesaler in California, but they won't sell to the public.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee