Re: Glossostigma Query (again)

Matt J. wrote:

Also, I have 15 redline rasboras. I have noticed that they will eat floating
bits of algae that fill the water after I clean the glass. I have stopped
feeding them in the hope that they will begin eating the algae directly off
the glosso and gravel. Is this likely?

They'll be forced to try since you're starving them, but they won't have much effect on the algae. Starving fish is no way to combat algae plagues, though it's a good way to end up with sick or dead fish. Even 'true' algae eaters aren't going to solve an algae problem like this. Feed your fish. Let the plants and tank management take care of the algae.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee