Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #159 repost small life forms

In a message dated 5/16/03 9:41:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

> Should I be concerned with the small life forms?

I would say no, most if not all small life forms are good for an aquarium.
One of the ways I grade the health of my tanks is the presence of small
worms, amphipods, isopods, and copepods. The more the merrier! Very few if
any parasitic life forms can reproduce in an aquarium the few exceptions are
unlikely to be found as free living individuals. Even small leaches are
usually free living and not parasitic if you do get parasites you will first
see them on the fish because most of them are microscopic in the free living
stage.

Moon