Re: bummed

Ed,

Do you belong to a local aquarium society?  That's a
great way to get decent money for your plants (and
find some for yourself).  My club is a general one,
but there is a good market for plants that are
generally considered easy (java ferns, crypts, etc).
The only reason I haven't ripped out out all my
Vallisneria is that I can get $2 a plant in our
auctions.

I share or trade away most of the more demanding stuff
to people on the list and so on.  I agree though, some
places don't give you much for plants.  One store
wanted to give me 30 cents per val because that's what
they paid for them.  Never mind that mine were about
3' instead of 4" tall!  I took some to a different
place and got $2 per plant.  I suggest you keep
looking or find a local club if you aren't already in
one.

Cavan