Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #152

In a message dated 5/10/2003 7:39:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

> Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 12:31:27 -0500
> From: "warhau" <warhau at austin_rr.com>
> Subject: Newbie Design Challenge
>

> Hello all,
>

> I think I am ready to take the plunge and convert my 120g cichlid tank to a
> planted tank. I have had fairly good success at keeping a rocky tank, but
> my
> plant success has been severely limited. After reading up a lot on keeping
> planted tanks, I have found that my environment (cichlids, huge plecos,
> poor
> light, etc.) was not conducive to live plant life beyond 3 mos.

  Hi Chris,
 to be honest with you I'm somewhat new myself. The only advice I could give
would be try the planted tank on a smaller tank before you go with the 120
gallon. I think you could learn a lot that way before investing all your
money into the Big tank and become discouraged.
                                                                   JerryB

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---