Re: Get the red out

Tom Barr said:

> Try letting the NO3 drop down a bit more.
> Plants will redden up.

Yes, that does seem to make sense, now that you mention it. The Nitrates would encourage lush GREEN growth for photosynthesis, and the red, at least to some extent, is a lack of green. I think that is what I heard about tree leaves turning orange and red in the fall. Is that right?

Also, would any particular colour spectrums help in encouraging reds? I was wondering in particular about adding more blue light, like an actinic.

In any case, I will certainly try lowering the nitrates and watch the effect.

Thanks
Ed Dumas