Lighting question

Hi everyone,

I have a planted 29 gal tank (30l x 12w x 18h) w/ a flourite and gravel
substrate, 2 bio-wheels (no carbon), injected C02 and a couple of mini-pumps
for circulation. Heater is set to 78. Fish seem fine, plants not so fine.
I've been lax in my water changes, but I am making amends. I don't know the
details as far as Nitrites, Nitrates, C02, hardness, etc. I only have 5 very
small fish in the tank. So, I don't think this is an issue. I'll get the
readings over the weekend.

My question is this:

I am using 4 20watt bulbs for lighting. 2 Power-Glo and 2 Aqua-Glo. But, I
am thinking that these may not provide the right light or enough light to
the bottom of the tank. This setup worked fine in a 20 gal long tank. Plenty
of growth and lots of oxygen bubbles. Barely any growth and no bubbles.

I am wiling to either go with different bulbs - cost is not really an issue.
Or upgrading to a PC system.

Any thoughts?
Jerry

multipart/alternative