re: Unidentified NC native plant

regarding my question about a Ludwigia look-alike with alternate leaves,
Chuck H. wrote:
> My guess would be that it's a member of the Polygonum genus. Several
> species are very common around here. You may be able to find a photo for
> rough matching through a Web search.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I haven't found any Polygonum that match the
plant I found.  I did learn that some Ludwigia species have
alternate leaves, although I didn't find any photos that were a perfect
match.

I also think that the Proserpinaca I found may be Proserpinaca pectinata,
not P. palustris.

Nick
--
Nicholas Plummer