Re: Flourish Equilibrium calculation

Rachel,

1 Tbs = 15 ml. 19.5% K = 195,000 mg/L. With 1 Tbs you're adding 2925 mg K, 1209 mg Ca, and
362 mg Mg. Depending on the size of your tank, say 10 gals for example, the concentration
varies. 10 gals of water = 37.85 L. When 1 Tbs of FE is added to 10 gals of water, the final
concentration of K will be 77.3 mg/l, or 77.3 ppm. Also, Ca = 32 ppm and Mg = 9.6 ppm.
Hardness would increase by 119 ppm, or 6.6 dH. Remember that a 10 gal tank doesn't hold 10
gals of water; gravel, wood, rock, and plant displacement must be accounted for, so the
values would have to be recalculated to account for the different volume. 7-8 gals would be
more realistic. Any size tank and volume of water can be done in the same manner.

Jamie <"\\\><