Re: Marine tank (was Re: Slightly off topic)

Shireen wrote:

I bet Dr. Tom would have some good ideas on how to
build a nice cheap home-made  skimmer. (if you do,
please share it with us!)

If Dr. Tom's not on call, there's a DIY article for a skimmer in the current (May) issue of FAMA. Being that I'm more of a FW kinda guy, I'm not sure how well it's designed, so perhaps some critiquing by marine folks would be in order before diving in. Most of the skimmers I've looked at don't really seem all that complicated at a glance, but the devil's in the details as They say.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee

PS: After looking at the Hubble stuff you sent me, my cousin's little boy now wants to be an astronaut instead of Batman when he grows up.