Re: Siamese Alage eaters and Java Moss

Peter,

My experience has been similar to Cavans. I had a moss covered wall. After
introducing five Siamese Algae Eaters to the 160 litre tank the strands of
moss gradually became thinner; it continued to grow, it was just that the
leaflets were very small. The effect was not immediately obvious but
developed over several months. When I moved three of these fish to another
aquarium the moss recovered to it's previous lush state. I've never observed
the fish attacking the moss directly but I am sure that they do restrict
it's growth. As Cavan says, it probably depends on the individual fish, but
I think that if you have enough to make a signifigant impact on any algae
then they will have an effect on your moss as well.

Roy Wadey.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger