Re: Ferts and plant ID

Rich wrote:

>My second question has to do with fertilizers.  I recently
>obtained some Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate,
>Magensium Sulfate, Potassium Mono Phosphate and Plantex
>CSM+B trace mix.  I mixed them all up seperately.  I know
>how to dose them to achieve "optimal" levels.  What I
>don't know is when/how to redose.  I know the trace is a
>few times a week.  What about the others?  Thanks!

Assuming that your plan is to follow the "Tom Barr Way":  Dose MgSO4 (are
you sure you need it?) and K2SO4 at the water change once a week.  Dose
KNO3 and KH2PO4 with the traces 2-3x a week.  I usually start on the modest
end of the suggested ranges and work my way up as the plants dictate.  Be
sure CO2 levels are good -- test before the lights come on and again about
the time they go off.  Ideally, CO2 should range approx. 20-30ppm through
the photoperiod.  You'll probably see a nice pH swing of a few tenths once
things are cooking well.  Good luck and have fun!
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee