Seachem Iron Test Kit

Hi all,

I know this is going to be one of those stupid questions but I've read the
instructions over and over and I know I'm not understanding something. I
don't have much problem with the normal test (even though my wife always
reads a different value than I do) but when it comes to the low-range test I
just don't get it. (BTW this is the Seachem Multitest: Iron)

It says to use one scoop of reagent in the low-range cuvette filled with
water (0.5" from the top) and then wait 45 minutes and compare with color
chart. I can never get a reading by doing this, the test is always clear.
With the normal test I get 0.1-0.2 readings. So what am I doing wrong and
how exactly does the low range test differ from the normal test?

I'm certain I'll be banging my head against the desk as soon as someone
enlightens me. Oh yeah, and I did look down from top to bottom of the water
sample, still looks clear to me.

Thanks

Giancarlo Podio