RE: Duckweed

I had a huge duckweed problem in one tank, and fought it unsuccessfully
many ways. Finally, I got the idea to get rid of it with a wet-vac. I
inserted a small piece of 3/8" tubing in the end of the vacuum hose, and
used it to dab at the duckweed and suck right off the surface. I removed
all visible plants within a few minutes. I made daily spot checks for a few
days and used the vacuum to remove the occasional stray duckweed plant that
drifted out from beneath other plant leaves. The method was very easy and
worked great! The duckweed was gone for good.

Mike Wickham