Planted Tank Fertilizer Estimates

I have a 55 gallon heavily planted tank.  I have been successful in getting
blooms from my E. amazonicus and recently from another plant with purple
flowers
http://pak01.pictures.aol.com/NASApp/ygp/GuestLogin?event=DirectView&shareIn
fo=1uXYxRKKm4SUOlQWGEyfNc%2fYG7H6QM6yaSDUsIY5ruy%2fjFCnkV3ciA%3d%3d
which I think may be from Aponogeton longiplumulosus, which I purchased in
Houston after last Fall's AGA Convention.

I recently saw this post in the archives:

>>Regarding a question on "Sulfate of Potash", Tom Barr Wrote:

>>It's fine for your tank. I add 1/4 teaspoon per 20 gallons once
>>a week with a 50% weekly water change. This adds roughly 15ppm
>>extra of K+.
>>It's fine, I used the same brand for a number of years.
>>Regards,
>>Tom Barr

Can someone - Tom or others - refer me to other such references for standard
amounts of key fertilizer components for planted tanks.  If available like
that above, I can easily convert to what I need in my 55 gallon tank.

1) I have acquired :

Homegrown Hydroponics 6-pack of traces
K2N03 (Potassium Nitrate/Grants stump remover)
KCL (Muriate of Potash)
MgSO47H2O (Epson Salts)

2) I know about Chuck's calculator
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_dosage_calc.htm
but not sure how to figure out the targets I want.

3) If I understand Tom's approach above, it is to weekly add an estimated
amount of each nutrient and do weekly large water changes.  Then adjust
based on experience.

Also I like the idea of adding via separate, dry elements.  This seems more
straightforward to me that trying to establish a solution with a
pre-established mixture.

What am I missing?

Bob Alston
918.494.4913