Re: FE, KNO3

> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:11:49 -0600
> From: "Kevin Sheller" <kevmo at arenafan_com>
> Subject: Re: iron levels & other elements
>
> Tom,
>
> The 5mL per 20 gallon, 3x a week on a very high light tank is a much higher
> dosage than I expected it to be.

Welcome to the club:)

> This makes me wonder, how can I determine if I am fertilizing enough
> potassium and nitrate?

Well you can test for the NO3 at least. But a good test kit for useful info
is needed.
See the Dallas Fort Worth plant club's web site. Look for articles and the
"Estimative Index". Or search here etc.

> Do you have a similar formula? I have the dry
> elements Potassium Sulfate and Potassium Nitrate that I ordered from a
> hydroponics place.

I add about 1/2 teaspoon of KNO3 3x a week and 1 teaspoon of K2SO4 after a
50% weekly water change. I have a good load of critters.

> And, would you consider 192 watts of light on a 75g tank (2.56 watts per
> gallon) very high light?

Sort of, not really high but moderate. PC light is pretty intense.

Regards,
Tom Barr