RE: CO2 Setup

Hi Eric, Thank you for replying. I have found a new 5# cylinder with
regulator for around $50 so I'll wait for that to arrive before buying any
other components. Some tips I received from another group was that the
regulators I was looking at are all-in-one units and that if anything was to
go wrong with one of the components I may have to replace the entire unit.
With this in mind I'm going to buy individual pieces and put it together
myself and buying a good needle valve with more than 3 turn range like the
ones offered in the products I was looking at.

I think I will end up buying a bubble counter, obviously my PH will tell me
just how much CO2 is being added but it will probably come in handy knowing
the bubble rate, specially after I touch things for any reason and want to
adjust it back to what it was. I think it might also help me to compare
different diffusers and how much CO2 is being lost. I was thinking of
feeding the CO2 directly into the canister, also looking around for some
diffusers to try out that aren't too big and visible inside the tank.

To both Kirk and Eric, thank you for the information on where to find
individual components. I had found some older info searching around but none
of the links or item numbers I had found were still active of working.
Seeing the needle valve appears to be the most important item here, any
other models or brands I should know about or use as comparisons?

Thanks again for all the info, can't wait to get the system up and running!

Giancarlo Podio