Re: CO2 Utopia??

Mike,
I use pressurized CO2 injection also, and I inject into the intake of Eheim
filters. You may be fine with the way you are set up, but I think you'd have
even greater dissolution if you put the diffuser under the intake for your
Eheim and let the filter churn and chop up and trap some of the CO2 in
adddition. The Pro series is great. I own a 2028, but the classic series
(2213, 15 17) are the best Eheim Cannisters for CO2 injection IMO because
there is basically no bypass thru the  filter materials, particularly the
filter floss, which acts like a big plug and traps a good amount of the CO2,
which probably increases the dissolution. Eheims do not airlock, IME of doing
this for 3 years so far. If there is too much CO2 built up in the Classic
series filters, however, they will simply "burp" and expel any extra CO2 and
not airlock, like Fluvals, for example. There is a channel in the pump head
design that pulls gas bubbles up, thru, and out of the filter. This per the
Eheim US national sales manager. Nice feature because you help avoid a low
spike in the pH after the lights go off if you do have excess gas in the
filter.

The Pro Series, with its media baskets, allows more bypass and are less
efficient for CO2 injection, but are easier from a maintneance perspective.
Dave

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---