[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Java Fern too large! What can I do?
- To: Cheryl Trine <ctrine at andrews_edu>
- Subject: Re: Java Fern too large! What can I do?
- From: Eric McGlohon <eric at dekard_com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:33:08 -0500
- Cc: Aquatic Plants Digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
- In-reply-to: <no.id>; from ctrine at andrews_edu on Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:10:53AM -0500
- User-agent: Mutt/184.108.40.206i
Take it to a fish store and trade it for a bunch of smaller plants?
On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:10:53AM -0500, Cheryl Trine wrote:
> I am new to this planted aquaria hobby. Just set up my first planted
> tank 2 months ago, so I still have a lot to learn.
> Yesterday I was given a huge Java Fern--about 14" tall, rhizome jumble
> is a foot long. I hoped to put it in a 10 gal. tank I am setting up,
> but this is obviously to big, and I don't have any larger tank. Can I
> remove the leaves that are too tall, and they will be replaced with new,
> smaller leaves (at least for a while)? Will this be a constant battle?
> Any other suggestions?