Re: Black Brush algea

At 03:55 AM 3/16/2003, Diana Berberich wrote:

>Hello Folks:
>    I have been battling BBA for over 1.5 yrs now.

Diana,

Tom Barr has already responded with excellent advice.

In my experience, I watched the BBA disappear when I increased the Nitrate
from less than 5ppm up to about 10ppm. Right now my tank requires 3/4 tsp
KNO3 per week to maintain that level, despite having more than 70 well-fed
fish in 72 gallons.

Remove what BBA you can, and follow Tom's advice. You can win.