Re:pH problem

hello,  I have a recurring pH problem that I'm hoping someone can
help me with.  I have a small fishtank maintenance business
I run on the side and of late I am coming across customers on a
city's municipal water system whose pH's are very low, even in
fairly new tanks with with very low populations of fish.  I am hoping
to solve the problem naturally, without chemicals.  I'm shooting for
neutral (7.0).  My present attack on the problem is by putting
filterbags of crushed dolomite in the powerfilters.  Is this a wise
method, or can someone give me a better way?  I don't know the
hardness of the water, though the pH from the tap is above 7.0.
Thank-you.  Ray