roots coming from stems of Ludwiga

First post for me on this group and I am a newbie to both plants and fish
keeping having obtained my first aquarium just over a year ago. I have a 77
g tank that I have a variety of plants in. I have added DIY CO2 (have the
pressure system, just waiting for a needle valve to come in) and 160 watts
of T12 lighting. I use PMDD per the Krib recipe and dosage instructions of 2
drops per 10 gallons of water. The plants are growing like crazy however I
have noticed lots of root shoots coming off the Ludwiga all the way up the
stems. Does this indicate that I am dosing too much, ie: 14 drops of PMDD
per day and I should cut back?

Rick