RE: Greensand as a substrate

Here in Arizona we use "greensand" to counteract cloriosis, an iron
deficiency / unavailabilty common to akaline soils.  After reading all
the "greensand" posts I pulled out my bag of greensand.

Anyway:  Texas Greensand ( by Garden-Ville, San Antonio, TX) "is ideal
for fertilizing iron-deficient, high-akaline soils and is a valuable
asset in growing hardy plants.  Greensand is a naturally occurring
mineral called glauconite (hydrated silicon of iron and potassium)
commonly found throughout many areas of Texas.  A rich source of iron
and other minerals, Texas Greensand has been recognized for more than a
century as an excellent soil conditioner for your lawn and garden."

Guaranteed Analysis:  Available Phosphate (P2O5) 0.15%, Soluble Potash
(K2O) 0.6%, Calcium (Ca) 8.0%, Magnesium (Mg) 1.8%, Sulfur (S) 0.05%,
Boron (B) 0.6%, Iron (Fe) 17.0%, Manganese (Mn) 0.2%, Zinc (Zn) 0.01%.

My aquatic garden thrives in its flourite substrate, jobes for heavy
feeders, DIY CO2 and of course a tailored to the tank dosing of
nutrients.  My outdoors in the Arizona (iron binding) akaline earth
garden responds well to, when necessary, doses of texas greensand.  I
just sprinkle it around and water it in.  The bag says: "2 to 3
tablespoons per gallon. May be used up to 3 times annually."

And that is all I have to say about the greensand I know and use.

Best,

Sharon