[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Stunted growth - Algae growth
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Stunted growth - Algae growth
- From: Paul Krombholz <krombhol at teclink_net>
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:13:42 -0600
- In-reply-to: <200302191043.h1JAhtaW016958 at otter_actwin.com>
- References: <200302191043.h1JAhtaW016958 at otter_actwin.com>
The plant shown is not Eichornia diversifolia. I am not sure, but
perhaps it is an Ammannia species. As far as the appearance of the
plant, I suspect magnesium deficiency. The hairy algae looks like
the same species as the moundy algae. I doubt that curing the
deficiency will make the hair algae go away. Perhaps getting the
tank more crowded with plants will at least suppress it more.
Paul Krombholz in pleasant central Mississippi, drying out a bit
after recent rainy days.