Re: ugf vs rugf

> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:13:40 +0000
> From: "Matt & Jenn Birckbichler" <matt_n_jenn at hotmail_com>
> Subject: ugf vs. rugf
>
> I just bought a new 55gal aquarium. I want to use a ugf filter because is
> great biological filter. Witch is better for a planted aquarium ugf or
rugf?
> If it is run as a rugf does it do just as good a job as a biological
filter?
> advantages disadvantages. opions please.
>
>              thanks,

Time a go I had aquariums seted with both. My experience was the ugf was
much better tha the rugf for growing plants (another question was to keep
fishes). I suspec it was because the sustrate with ugf is mor rich each time
and matures and with the rugf never matures, because the reverse flow.-

Regads
Antonio Trķas