Particulate problem

Don't read this if you don't want to hear about another
algae problem...:)

    My tank has been experiencing a problem which I think is
brown algae.  The leaves look dirty and there is lots of
particulate in the water which I think is settling on the
leaves.  This seems to have happened after I did a major
uprooting of plants but I have also started dosing potassium
sulfate and potassium phosphate lately.  Magnum with diatom
not really helping.  Water looks dirty due to lots of
particulate.  Also, I noticed a brownish algae on the water
surface which gets very foamy when I try to net it out.

    Plants are mostly val and sag with a huge sword.   I
have some hygro poly and willow hygro.  The "grass" has
taken over most of the tank and appears to be growing.
Sword and grass pearl well, but the hygro is not showing
signs of being happy.  Any thoughts on what the issue is?

My tank stats are 120G, 2x250w 6500K MH (Iwasaki -1 year old
bulbs) - 16" above water surface, profile substrate, CO2
injection.  Fertilizer is TMG (75ml week), 1/2 tsp KNO3 2x
week, 1/8 tsp KH2PO4 2x week and 2 1/2 tsp K2SO4 1x week.
30% H2O change every week.  PH 6.4-6.8,  5 dKH.  One note is
that the TMG is about a year old as I got a gallon of it
when I ordered it.

For what its worth to others, I would never again put so
much light over a tank or use profile.  Next time, I bite
the bullet and get flourite and maybe only 3w/g.  For all
the cash I have put into this, I have not been satisfied
with the results.  My previous tank (55g) was a much more
satisfying experience.  It used 4x40w philips ultralumes in
shop lights and has gravel and could grow absolutely
anything.   My current tank has a problem even growing
hygro. :(  Its a wonder I am still sticking with this..

Bummer.