Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #51

In a message dated 2/13/2003 5:50:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,

> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:04:59 -0500
> From: "conrad harkrader" <c_harkrader at charter_net>
> Subject: Duetto DJ-50 as CO2 diffuser?
>
> Heyla,
>
> I've been using a Duetto DJ-50 internal filter as my CO2
> diffuser with a DIY yeast setup.  I changed the bottle
> yesterday, and had lots of problems.  After putting the
> new bottle in, the Duetto started blowing bubbles in its
> output constantly.  I figured mebbe a line had come loose
> somewhere, but I checked them all and they seemed fine.

I used a Duetto at one point on a 40 gallon long and had the same thing
happen once or twice. Do you have the filter sitting vertically or
horizontally? When mine was sitting horizontally, I would get an air buble in
there. When you combine that with the co2 that you are pumping in, you would
get the phenomenon you are describing. If you dont see one, it may be hidden
in the impeller assembly.

-Z-

multipart/alternative
  text/html