Duetto DJ-50 as CO2 diffuser?

Heyla,

I've been using a Duetto DJ-50 internal filter as my CO2
diffuser with a DIY yeast setup.  I changed the bottle
yesterday, and had lots of problems.  After putting the
new bottle in, the Duetto started blowing bubbles in its
output constantly.  I figured mebbe a line had come loose
somewhere, but I checked them all and they seemed fine.

I put some more sealant around the two rigid tubes that go
into my DIY bubble counter, and changed the airline tube
between the bubble counter and Duetto anyways.  I left it
for an hour and came back and was still having the same
issue.  Now I've got the airline intake on the Duetto
covered and am just bubbling CO2 through an airstone.  Any
ideas what the problem might be?  Thanks!

Rich;)