[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Trimming R. macrandra 'Small Leaf"
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Trimming R. macrandra 'Small Leaf"
- From: nplummer at duke_edu
- Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:32:19 -0500 (EST)
- In-reply-to: <200302101058.h1AAw20U032029 at otter_actwin.com>
- References: <200302101058.h1AAw20U032029 at otter_actwin.com>
> I'd imagine that whatever works for R. macranda would also work for
> the 'small leaf' variety. So how do y'all propagate R. macranda?
If 'Small Leaf' is anything like regular R. macrandra, it should branch
like crazy, sometimes from every internode if it is happy. The last time
I grew R. macrandra, I started with a 2-internode fragment that was
floating in a dealer's tank, and I had a jungle within a few months.
So, it is certainly possible to take cuttings and keep the bottom portion.
nplummer at duke_edu