RE: PCF light spread

"If you did need a bit more spread, you could mount
the light higher or
lower in the reflector, or bend the reflector out a
bit to increase the
spread of the light. You probably won't need to do
either though."

I have my 96 watt AH Supply PCF sitting right on the
cover glass.  When I had Rotala rotundifolia a while
back, some of it was directly under that light and
some wasn't.  There was a line right through the
stuff.  Stems on one side were red and green on the
other.  It was as if someone drew it with a ruler. Not
a gradual color change.

Cavan