Leggy Plants and Light

A while back someone had requested an example of my leggy plants. Here is a
link to some ambulia which show the problem:
http://groups.msn.com/rsfish/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=92. In
the foreground is some new growth which has all happened in the week or so
that the sun has been shining into the tank. In the background is the older
growth, grown only under the compact flourescents.

I'm also wondering about the directionality of the AH supply lights. The
plant in the photo is at the rear of the tank - there are no lights directly
above it. Are the AH supply miro reflectors so directional that a plant
which is 4" horizonally from the back of the reflector, and 4-12" below it,
will not receive enough light?

-rs