propagating E. Uruguayensis

http://www.fishlinkcentral.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=940
Thanks for all the replies on propagating E. Uruguayensis.
Indeed, this plant has not reached its full dimensions. The photo I posted
may be confusing though.
There is a lobelia cardinalis on the background. It is the largest,fastest
growing L. Cardinalis variant I have ever seen( I have small one too) .
The stem of the lobelia is as thick as a pinkie finger and the height of
that plant is about 25-30  cm ( somewhere in the 10-12 inch area ). I
estimate the stem length at about 40 cm  or 15 inch. The hemianthus carpet
in front is about 3 inches high.
 I only have baked clay, gravel and laterite in the substrate , no nutrient
rich substances, with heater.  I noticed the Echinodorus species in this
tank remain smaller compared to my  non-CO2 rich-substrate
experiences.Therefore, I have started supplementing the root system with
some terrestrial fertiliser sticks.
As for flowering and propagating: I will try a short day in the coming
weeks ( untill there is too much daylight ) while upping the fertilisers
(N-P-K) in the substrate.If it doesn't work I will have to wait untill the
rhizome has extended enough to cut it in pieces.
( another year or 2, may be faster if I fertilise the roots a lot )
If anybody has propagated the horemanii or make it bloom : please vent your
opinion or detailed experience here. It looks like I have lots of time if
there is no other solution but rhizome propagation.

Regards from snowy Belgium .

SNIP
Dirk, I looked at your picture, and the plant still looks quite small
to me, based on the sizes of the surrounding plants, even though it
has quite a few leaves.  It can produce submersed leaves 18 to 20
inches long and floating leaves between three and four feet long,
including petioles.

I don't have this species now, although I have had it for many years
on a long day (14 to 16 hours of light a day), and it has never
produced a flower stalk for me.  So, I would try shorter days.  It is
now grouped in the same species with the former "red horemanii" and
"green horemanii", but, while the latter two seem closely related,
the former seems really different.  If anyone knows how to get red or
green horemanii to bloom, perhaps the same conditions will work with
the narrow-leaved uruguayensis.  John Pitcairn got red horemanii to
bloom in backyard plastic swimming pools (about 6 feet in diameter
and 2 feet deep) in San Diego.  I think it was in the winter that I
saw them blooming.

If you grow it for several years, it will have a long enough rhizome
so that it can be pulled up and cut into pieces about 1.5 inches
long.  Each piece will produce a plant.  This is slow, but the only
alternative if it won't produce a flower stalk.
SNIP