Prime & Nitrate

Does Seachem Prime water conditioner make nitrate unavailable to plants? Prime apparently "detoxifies" Nitrate - does the process of detoxification therefore 'lock up' the nitrate and hence deprive the plants. A cursory glance  through the archives also revealed that Prime locks up heavy metals and iron.

I've been using Prime to condition my tap water and adding KNO3 (along with traces etc) in my fertiliser regime. I suspect the Prime may be impacting on plant growth.

Any information or thoughts on the above?

Thanks
Paul C.

multipart/alternative
  text/html