Re: Hygroryza aristata for a true grass lawn.

Scott is asking about Hygroyrza. I don't know about its availability in the
U.S., but I have seen it here in Toronto, going back at least 10 years. The
drawing on the Tropica website is a bit deceptive - the stuff is big and
rather coarse - it looks like crabgrass or quackgrass, only its a floating
aquatic. It is a true grass, but don't expect it to be suitable for anything
other than a really large tank, and don't expect a neat little "lawn"
effect - the stuff is basically a rampant weed. I pulled it out of my tank
after about six months.

James Purchase
Toronto