Red Sea Nitrate

Lee,

I have the one that has both powder and liquid (it's a few years old,
though). The reading is temperature dependent. I've just ordered a few
Seachem kits to try (nitrate, phosphate, & iron) since they are on sale
at Drs. Foster Smith. I figured for 8.99 each, it couldn't hurt to try
them.
I think my Red Sea kits are past their prime.

Sharon Stewart

------
Sharon,

 Which Red Sea nitrate kit are you using? They have one with a powdered
 reagent and one that just uses liquid drops. The powder reagent test is
 purportedly more accurate, but their instructions say to use the other
test
 for ranges that are above 10ppm. This may give you a better idea if you
 can't distinguish between the pink/red tones.

 Lee