Re: Re: Nitrate test kits

> One of the issues I've always struggled with is exactly where do you
> hold
> the sample with respect to the white background on the colour chart.

I second the question--this is _exactly_ what I have struggled with for
every test I have ever made! Anyone have the answer?

> The main options that make a difference are:
>
> 1) Directly against the chart, so the white background is lit by
> light
> passing through the sample (& focussed onto the background, as if
> the
> liquid was a lens);
>
> 2) Directly against the chart, so the white background is lit by
> light
> passing through the sample (but not focussed onto the background -
> tends to
> make the background quite dark);
>
> 3) Slightly away from the chart so the white background is lit from
> light
> entering at the side & not through the sample.

I'm not sure what you mean by "focused on the background", the difference
between 1 & 2? Could you clarify?

> This usually changes the reading by quite a large amount depending
> on which
> method is used.
>
> Presumably, when the charts are designed, one or other of the above
> options
> is the one that is supposed to be used (I assume it's #3)?
>
> It never tells you on the instruction leaflet - & this is true for
> most
> colour comparison based tests I've used.

Same here for all three paragraphs. :-)

Anyone know?

William

Only $9.95 per month!