Re: swords too tall, CO2 too low

Lew wrote:

"How does one trim a sword plant?  Mine have never "spawned" child plants,
but instead grow taller than I can accommodate.  I have just been cutting
off the tallest leaves near their base, but that makes for a scraggly
looking base, although it doesn't affect the growth overall."

I just grab the leaf an inch above the substrate and peel it down, this way
your not left with cut stalks. This has never harmed my swords, in fact my
red rubin just put out a baby plant about 4 inches from the mother.

Jeff Vamos
jbvamos at rcn_com