lilly pads

Hi Everyone,

	This spring I am going to plant some lilly pads in a pond I am
building. Every source I find on planting lilly pads in ponds makes
reference to your typical koi pond that is 18-36 inches deep. They state to
slowly move the plant deeper and deeper into the water as it grows. Plus
they have them in pots with garden soil. How the heck do you plant lilly
pads in a BIG pond when the area is 5-8 feet deep? I know they survive
because they have them in all of my local ponds.

Thanks,

Sam