Re: Barley

> > 2. Despite this fact, marketing of barley straw products,
> particularly in the
> > pond industry, has become common and has many proponents.
> (would like to
> > hear form some actual pond hobbysists opinions who have used
> this.  It would
> > be interesting to find how many say it is bunk)...my next task at hand
>
> The pond folks semm to give it two thumbs up for green water control but
> here again, the lowly Daphnia, can literally remove any Green water issue,
> unless you something in the pond that eats them etc.

Well, I can tell you that I never saw any benefit from the barley straw I
used in my pond.  No more or less algae than without it.  Then again, I
rarely have green water problems in there at all- mostly stringy stuff that
is just as easy to pull out when I'm working around the pond, anyway.

There are a lot of folk on the pond newsgroups who do swear by the stuff,
however....

-Mak
In very frigid NH, where it was -10 degrees at 10 AM this morning! No algae
in the pond today! :)
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak/
Updates 1/13/03

You can't ask to start over just because you're losing the game.

Store, organize and access digital images easily. PhotoBox- the standard
in digital image organization: http://www.imagesw.com