A Pond is A Lake is A Dam

Here in  Pennsylvania we have lakes, ponds, and "dams."  "Dams" are
more-or-less still bodies of water that are formed when streams, creeks, or
"runs" are blocked by man-made structures.

A "run" is another word for creek or stream.  But I bet today that the coach
of the Tampa Bay Bucs is exhorting his team to "dam the run" in tomorrow's
NFL championship game against our Eagles.  But even if he does, it won't help
his team.  The Eagles' passes will flow over and around his dam, washing it
and the Bucs away in the process.

Bill