Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #17dwarf crayfish

In a message dated 1/13/03 6:39:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,

> I kept a crayfish that I purchased from a pet store in California, it was
>  three inches long when I got it, and grew to over 8" in length. It was sold
>  as a dwarf. It changed color from blue to red, and back to red again.
there really are dwarf crayfish "Cambarellus shufeldtii." I don't know what
you bought but the big red ones are not dwarfs. The dwarfs I breed never get
bigger than 1.5"

Michael Hissom
Captive Environments, aquaculture