Re: digital camera

> If you had $400 to splurge, what kind of digital camera would you get?
> One that's good for aquarium photography (macro) and for general
> use?

Minolta makes a wonderful digital camera, the DiMage F100, that is in the
$400-$450 range.  4.1 megapixels, 3x optical zoom.  For the money, that's a
lot of camera.  It also has settings for specific lighting arrangements,
like outdoor at night or indoor.

Sony makes many different types of digital cameras, but I find they usually
cost more than comparable models because of features that many people won't
use, such as short movies or sound clips.

Your best bet would be to go to a local camera store and try out all the
cameras in your price range.  Compare what features each has that you would
use and most importantly, how many megapixels.

Laura