re: ICK, Plants

Jim DeAngelo asks about curing ich. We've always had success using Quick
Cure (malachite green + formaldehyde). But we use one-half the label dosage
and divide that up into 1/4 doses, morning and evening. (Some fish require
half strength anyway). I think this works better, as I've read that strong
light can break down the malachite green. We raise the temp a few degrees
(to speed up the life cycle of the parasite) and treat daily until one day
after the last spot disappears. IMO it's best to remove the main biomedia
during treatment and to run carbon in the filter and do a nice water change
after treatment.

Jared

Jared Weinberger
http://www.brainyday.com/jared