Re: Treating Ick in a planted tank

FWIW, my tank developed an ick infection shortly after adding a small
batch of cardinal tetras. Pretty much all the new tetras plus most of
the existing population of tetras (about 20 in all) came down with it.
Like you I don't have a hospital tank and as you point out medications
and plants are a bad combination so I figured that since all the other
perameters in my tank were good then I would trust nature and hope that
the fishes natural immune system would fight off the infection.

After two weeks, the symptoms were gone and I didn't lose a single fish.
Also, none of the other fish in the tank (barbs, algae eaters, rainbows
etc.) became infected.

Good luck.