Re: Trickle Filters and CO2 Loss

> Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:38:59 +1100
> From: "Adam Shaw" <adams1 at comcen_com.au>
>
> I have read the article on aquatic concepts regarding co2 loss from
> trickle filter systems, and really it has left me wondering.

Bummer. That was not the intent.

> My question is this - what methods do you guys use to minimize co2 loss
> from the trickle filter systems? I would rather not be re-filling my
> cylinder every other month...

Try to avoid turbulence from water returns (but not at the expense of decent
water circulation). Don't blow air into the media chamber. That's about it.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (gbooth at frii dot com)
  The website for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
      http://aquaticconcepts.thekrib.com (mirror)
      http://www.frii.com/~gbooth/AquaticConcepts/