Re: PO4 and Eusteralis

John Wheeler wrote:

"The last time I had my E. stellata stunt was about 2
months ago, and it was when I stopped NO3 for an
experiment. It resumed growing strongly after I
brought my NO3 back up to 5-10ppm. I dose PO4 3x a
week at about 1ppm each time. I use NaPO4 as well.
Perhaps, I'll try small dosings of PO4 daily and see
what result that brings me."

Thanks John,

your plants eat 3ppm of PO4 a week? That's a whole lot.
How about the other macros (Mg, Ca, KH, K+)?
Water hardness might be important. I really would like to
see Tom comment on this since your tank's consumption
exceeds 3x the typical amount. Mine is around 1ppm.
If I dosed 1ppm three times a week E.S. supposedly wouldn't
grow at all.

As for the colors: Under bright lighting, lots of CO2, macros
and traces new shoots turn yellowish as soon as they form
leaves.

Regards,
Detlef
M E D I O N, denn Qualitat ist geiler: Multimedia-PC P4 2.4 nur 969,-
Ein Angebot der Mempag Electronic http://www.mempag.de/xmas2.php