Re: Milwaukee

> Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:59:46 EST
> From: Paulio629 at aol_com
> Subject: pH controllers
>
> Any one have an opinion on the Milwaukee units? They can be had
> for about 1/2 the price of the PinPoints.

I have the Milwaukee pH probe, monitor/controller and, so far (only three
months) it has worked flawlessly, holding the pH at 6.6. It makes it a lot
less worrisome when I go away, say for a couple of weeks.

At first, I thought there must be something wrong with the system,
because, after calibration, the pH measurement didn't match what I got
with the Hach bromthymol blue test kit.  The difference was a consistent
0.2.  But after checking the probe at pH values of 4, 7, and 10, using
standard solutions, I finally convinced myself that the probe was, indeed,
more accurate than the test kit.

John T. Fitch
E-mail: JTFitch at FitchFamily_com
Web Site: www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html