Re: plant identification

Erica wrote:
"...I'll go with calling the first one Myriophyllum simulans..."

They are your plants, so I suppose that you can call them whatever you wish,
but your photos are not clear (sharply focused) enough for ANYONE to ID the
first one down to the species level. Don't fool yourself on that.
"Myriophyllum sp." is about as close as you are going to get. According to
Kasselmann, identifing most Myriophyllum species positively usually requires
looking at the flowers and the fruit.

And to be honest, that's about as close as you need to get, in order to
enjoy it.

James Purchase
Toronto