Re: Snails

Snails are good!  Unless you have the great big ones that gobble plants, in
which case you just reach in and remove them...Smaller snails help with
algae and consuming excess food.  The small trumpet snails burrow through
your gravel at night, like earthworms in your garden.  If you just don't
like the look of them, fish of the genus Botia (loaches) are usually good
snail eaters.  I would not advise poisoning your water.

JimK